Friday, November 13, 2009

Lessons From the Fall

Fall reminds me that God loves beauty. He has been busy painting the leaves here at my home and dropping them on the ground for me to enjoy. He whispered to the wind to persuade the pine cones to fall, and he turned the dial on His weather clock to "cooler." He wakes up the sky in the morning a little earlier now and puts the day to sleep much sooner in the evening. Each morning,He places light from the sun in just the right places on my living room floor so that when I arise, my first look is one of His golden sun sparkling across my rug and falling on the pine floors. All of this for free! Amazing! Simply amazing! And yet, I can get too busy to notice, too pulled in so many directions that I cannot pull close to his beautiful creation. Thank you , Lord God of the universe, for the beauty of this season. Don't let me miss it. Help me not to miss it. Amen.

3 comments:

  1. Our Heavenly Father has certainly blessed you with the gift of words, BJ. I can just see Him sitting at His easel painting all His beautiful leaves and then picking them up off the easel and dropping them down from heaven to earth for us to enjoy! Then, i can just feel His precious breath blowing through the wind gently shaking the pine cones loose from the little limbs they are attached to and so on with His clock, the morning sky, the cooler weather, the golden sun rays and ALL of His beautiful creationg! Then to top it all off, He sees the little sparrow when it falls from it's 1st attempt at learning to fly and even knows the number of hairs on our heads!
    What an AMAZING Heavenly Father we serve and i could never thank Him enough for the precious gift of His only Son that He so willingly gave for me!
    Thank you for all you do for Him and for how you bless me with your witness! Love you bunches! *hUgZ*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that we would stop and relish in His FREE gifts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes! and Amen! may we not miss a thing!

    ReplyDelete