Friday, November 6, 2009

On the Mountains

Mountains are good for breathing in the fresh air God has made that new day. On the mountain top, we see things from a different view. We see the tops of trees and sunlight blessing our view. God gives us mountains to remind us that there have been valleys. Our low places make us appreciate the high places. Perhaps you are in a valley of some sort. A sudden shock of betrayal; a deep disappointment; a wounding. Sit down in your valley, and let God sit down by you. Tell Him how you feel. Hold His hand. Look into His heart. After you've talked together, let Him walk you on to the mountain. You don't have to stay in the valley forever.

4 comments:

  1. Welcome to the land of blog! Over from Merrie Days . . .you post is so true and a good reminder - we do need to sit down, right there with God!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi B.J.! I'm also a friend of Merrie's and welcome you to the wide, warm world of blogging.
    Your post reminds me of the question, can you dance in your ditch? What an image. (Based on the story of when Elisha told the Israelites to dig ditches in the desert) I'm a rather good ditch digger. How's that for a resume?
    Looking forward to knowing you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Sweet BJ, This was written just for me and i very much needed to read it. "A sudden shock of betrayal; a deep disappointment; a wounding." That has me written all over it! Thank you for touching my life in so many ways and for always being ready and willing to listen when my world seems to be falling apart. I hope i can be just 1/2 the friend to you that you are to me! I love you dear lady of God! *hUgS*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to the blogosphere! I read Merrie's blog as well!

    I started blogging almost two years ago and I have absolutely loved it.

    I have to tell ya I had a very close friend from Tifton many years ago and sadly we lost touch with each other. Small world!!

    Anywhoo, your post about the valley is so very true. I am reading Isaiah this morning and in the foot not I am reminded that "The seeds of adversity may take root in the soil of adversity. When Life seems to be falling apart ask God to comfort you!"

    I love God's word and I love joing in community with other Christian bloggers. You will find that the faith based community of bloggers is down righ amazing!

    Have a great day and welcome to blogland!

    Blessing
    Robin

    ReplyDelete