Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thursday, November 26, 2009
Thanksgiving Memories
God has such sweet surprises in store for His children. Last night, on Thanksgiving Eve, I thought about this day and wondered just how difficult it might be for me. However, the first thing that entered my mind when I awoke was heaven's banquet table, where Roy is now privileged to feast. Today, he will be tasting eternity's fruit of the spirit in all its full glory. I wish I could sit beside him, but he is not far from me today. I will see him in the voice of our sons, see him as I touch our grandchildren's faces, and touch him through the happy memories God is liberally giving me this morning. I am not sad today. How can I be? The thought of Roy's complete healing rises in me with such thanksgiving because I know that, if left here, he would still be battling the terrible disease which ended his mortal life. He's enjoying eternity today. He's feasting with Jesus. That brings me so much satisfaction, and I am touched once again with the sweet grace of God. I hope your day is wonderful as you, too, reflect on the truth that "Life is Hard, But God is Good!" Happy Banqueting today to you and yours!

1 comment:

  1. Good perspective, BJ. Without the promise of Heaven - how would any of us face life without our loved one. They are the blessed ones, for sure, but we are blessed with the knowing that they are with Jesus. That gives me HIs Peace! Together, we press on towards our high calling...until we too are called home. God bless!

    ReplyDelete